2007/01/09

Doing a B&E on the house of God...

Last night at Beavers Benjamin has a rather trying time...

It was his first day back at Thistleoaks after Christmas and he was tired (they all were). We had arrived a little early (since I'm a leader we always do).. while we were going around the gym, both of us trying to stay awake...

I heard a door slam behind me, Benjamin had closed the door to one of the activity rooms... with himself inside it. He startes banging on the door... he's unable to get out. I go to open the door... locked.

I talk to him through the door trying to explain the concept of unlocking it but am not getting anywhere. By this time another parent had come to drop her son off, I asked her to keep an eye on things while I go to see if I can get the window open. Cut through the screen... no luck, the window is locked. Try to jimmy it with my 9" tool (leatherman supertool), can't do it... damn my lack of a misspent youth!

I go back into the church, to find that another parent has managed to talk him through opening the door... he's out! My blood pressure begins to return to high (down from dangerously hypertensive).

This week's demonstration: Lock operation and doorknob removal.
Next week's demonstration: Window screen repair.

No comments: