2007/01/02

The Speed of Dreams

From the Archives:

Let's see how much productivity I can kill this morning... it's seems I can occasionally waste everyone's morning with one of these threads.

Ever had one of those mornings where, for some reason, your alarm clock wasn't loud enough to wake you up, only loud enough to influence your dreams? This happens to me on occasion and I find it quite unnerving to hear all about my dreams on the news as I drive to work. Today however, I was slightly more conscious than normal.

The dream in question centred around a single article on Metro Morning (about creating "big courts" for complicated and gang-related trials). I remember hearing the beginning, I remember hearing the end, and I remember a dream in the middle. What surprised me is that, during a period no longer than 8 minutes I had a dream that encompassed several hours, possibly multiple days (you know how funny time gets when you're dreaming, and there were some "skips" as well). I know dreaming isn't a real-time event but I still thought it would take longer than that. I've never had it put so clearly before...

I realize this falls under the "Profound revelations that, later, turn out to be not so profound" category.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

No comments: