2007/01/28

Motorola does it again...

A few months ago I purchased a Motorola HS50 Bluetooth headset for use with my Blackberry. It's been invaluable to me, since the Blackberry isn't a very good phone (If a phone were my primary requirement I'd never get a BB).

In any case, my headset went missing last week... I knew it had to be somewhere though. The last place I epxected to find it though was in the dryer. Uh-oh! I must have left it in my shirt pocket and it went through the wash! I try to turn in on... no luck. Also, no surprise, it was just immersed in water several times then subjected to the heat of a commercial dryer.

When I got home, just for kicks, I plugged it into it's charger. Shockingly the blue LED lights up, indicating that it's charging. I give it a few minutes and try to turn it on again. OH MY GOD! It's working! Make a call... it works just fine.

What does it take?!?! I have never been able to destroy ANY of the Motorola products I've had. I've always sworn by their phones. Over the years I've had a LOT of phones (of 10 phones, 5 have been Motorola), never had I broken one. The same can't be said for some of the others.

Kudos to Motorola for making REALLY TOUGH products.

No comments: